Narcotics Investigator - Bolivar County Sheriff's Office
Opening available for Narcotics Investigator
Job Overview: The Narcotics Investigator will be tasked to develop narcotics cases (as well as criminal cases that may stem from narcotics investigations and arrests), utilizing Confidential Informants (C.I.), citizen complaints as well as Crime Stopper tips. The Narcotics Investigator must be able to write detailed reports and be willing to learn how to write search warrants. The Narcotics Investigator must be able to keep flexible hours and answer call-outs, work stakeouts or be available for special details and provide requested assistance from the various local, state and federal law enforcement community.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop narcotics cases, write detailed reports on the cases, create a case file and accurately testify in court on such cases
- Collect, package and store evidence
- Write search warrants and search warrant execution plans and be able to safely lead the execution of search warrants
- Assist fellow Bolivar County Sheriff's Department deputies when called out for narcotics assistance as well as provide the same assistance to other local/state/federal agency as needed.
- Conduct narcotics purchases utilizing Confidential Informants or undercover officers, conduct stakeouts and assist patrol as needed for special operations
- Be able to identify the various street level narcotics, learn of the resources to identify unknown narcotics and learn the various methods of the transportation/distribution of narcotics
- Be a state certified law enforcement officer
- Minimum of five (5) years patrol experience
- Must be able to write detailed and accurate reports using proper spelling and grammar
- Be willing to work long hours and be available for call-out 24/7
- Must be able to keep confidential information regarding cases within the Narcotics section as well as protect the identities of any Confidential Informant utilized
- Have a strong willingness to learn about narcotics and narcotics investigations
To Apply: Submit resumes to the Bolivar County Sheriff's Office, P.O. Box 539, Cleveland MS 38732.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Remotely: No